Preview from my shoot today of Tricksters at Dylan’s Candy Bar in NYC.
Photos by Judy Stephens. More at Flickr.
Judy always does amazing work and here we get to see tricksters in their natural environment, Come on homestucks, blow this up. I know we can.
Not even a homestuck but THE COLORS DUKE THE COLORS
I want to draw all of you
This is why homestuck interests me because LOOK AT THAT SHIT
HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING
How to take your wig from gross to great!
This isn’t a new method at all, but instead my results using this tutorial.
While the before shot is pretty terrible photo quality to begin with, you can see the wig is basically a ratty, gross-looking mess.
- Find a tank or bucket and empty a capful of fabric softener into it (more softener if your wig is longer).
- Add enough water to submerge the wig, and make sure to flip it inside out before you put it in the water. Swish it around to make sure it’s saturated, and then let it soak for a few days. I left mine is for a little over two days, but I would suggest leaving it in closer for the five days the original tutorial suggests.
- Lay the wig out on a towel to dry. I didn’t wash out the fabric softener, and when it was damp instead of dripping, I put it on a wig stand.
- After it’s completely dry, brush through it with a wig brush, or at least a brush with wire teeth. Plastic teeth will create static and no one wants that.
- If you need a wig brush, try checking out beauty stores. Failing that, you can usually find wire brushes at pet stores, and they work as well as any wig brush.
- Spray lightly with dry shampoo or sprinkle with talcum powder. Brush your wig again after a few minutes to help disperse the powder and keep your wig from looking chalky. You may experience a small amount of shedding during the brushing process, but it shouldn’t be anything too severe.
And there you have it!
a 39 second cosplay skit that receives a standing ovation.
once you watch it, you’ll understand why.
THERE ARE TEARS IN MY EYES AND I DON’T KNOW WHY THIS MADE ME CRY BUT DAMN
I’ve seen this a hundred times but I’m always amazed. This is really ONE OF THE BEST SKITS EVER.
“I was reading the most wonderful story— about a beanstalk, and an ogre, and a——-“
This girl deserves an award for doing what a lot of us want to do.
This girl. I must be friends with her.
Devan, I want to dress up like a Disney princess and go hang out in a bookstore. Can we do this?
Character: Fem! Geordi Laforge
Series: Star Trek
I am SO here for this.
is this from the chicon convention this summer? the carpet looks familiar for some reason.
xqz me while I fangirl all over this perfect human being
And here we see two lovely ladies cosplaying as a theatre vocal warm up.
submitted by sometimesthemilkdrinksyou